Anonymous asked: Yeh, I was on about the videos of you talking. They don't work through the blog. Jus' tells you the videos are private =]
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know; I’ll fix it asap.
Anonymous asked: Your videos are on private. Why? =]
Which videos in particular are you referring to? The actual films should be readily accessible via YouTube, and are collated on our main page under the ‘Films’ link, as are the Behind the Scenes. If you mean the Video Blogs I posted, I’ve kept them private since they only need to viewed on the blog; having them on YouTube where they can be circulated is risky, as I’d probably end up as some form of meme.
I just thought I would publish this little story about how I put together the fight scene a few weeks back.
When, during Week 4, we decided to film a fight scene which would comprise the majority of the film I offered to be the person in charge of the fight choreography as well as being one of the actors. I felt that it would be an interesting challenge considering that my background had been mainly in fencing and not in bare knuckle fights.
The important thing in any fight choreography is to have an efficient system to note down the fight so that it easy to follow and see at which point of the fight we are. The system I used is the same as the one I used for fencing and involves drawing to columns and assigning each one to a fighter:
The different moves of the two opponents are then listed in chronological order in each column:
And finally, arrows are disposed to show the exact order of this:
This gives us an accurate “path” that we can follow. This system is also very useful since it easily allows for extra opponents since all that would be required would be to add as many columns as necessary.
The next step was to start coming up with the actual fight. I didn’t have much experience with fist fighting so I watched films such as Fight Club and Snatch to get ideas. I then came up with several “segments” which when put together formed the whole fight. This gave me an extra level of freedom since I could switch segments about until I found the order which would work best.
All this resulted in the final choreography which was again changed during the shoot to accommodate for space and time restrictions. We were also limited by the fact that none of the actors had much experience doing this. But I feel nonetheless that this was a very interesting experience as whole and that the end result was good despite the overall lack of experience of the team.
Thats right the word you are looking for is indecisive, and this is exactly how our entire group came over this weekend. All of our previous weeks were very simple in terms of planning, an idea is suggested then everyone has a flash of inspiration and each idea get put to action to crate our
This week was very different, At first we decided to re make week three’s film but some of us wanted to start from scratch and change everything and use a different story while others wanted to keep the original story line but take the advice given to improve it.
Then at the start of Monday mornings session we had a flash of inspiration and thought about creating a film to link all of our other films together. After discussing this with Rod we were encourage along the line of re creating a few different films but not our own as this would have such a limited amount of people that would understand and by limited we figured that the only people that have seen all of our films would be the 20 or so in our de-brief.
Just got back from editing our final film!
It’s rather sad to think that this was the last film we would be working on together this semester, but I’m sure a couple of pints and a few shots on Friday will put our sadness to rest….or make it worse….hmmn….